Re: TR1 under Windows 2000?

From: FÖLDY Lajos
Subject: Re: TR1 under Windows 2000?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:54:43 +0100

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Scott Meyers wrote:

I'm interested in experimenting with the TR1 functionality in g++ (per
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/ext/tr1.html).  My understanding
is that this is part of libstd++ only as of g++ 4.  I'm currently using
a MinGW port that contains g++ 3.4.2, and there does not appear to be
any TR1 functionality in the version of libstdc++ that ships with that
release.

Ideally, I'd like to upgrade to g++ 4 on Windows 2000, but I'd prefer to
use a prebuilt binary, and the current MinGW port seems to include only
gcc 3.4.x (per http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml), while Cygwin seems
to include 3.3.3 or 3.4.4 (per
http://sourceware.org/cygwin/packages/gcc-g++/ from
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/packages/).

I have two questions:

- Is there a prebuilt version of gcc 4 for Windows (along with
 instructions on how to install it) available somewhere?  Googling both
 web pages and newsgroup postings failed to turn anything up in this
 regard.

- Failing that, is there a way to download a version of libstdc++
 containing TR1 support and use that with my existing gcc 3.4.2 MinGW
 installation?

In general, I welcome all suggestions on how to experiment with gcc
support for TR1 under Windows 2000.

Thanks,

Scott

There is a mini-howto for building GCC 4.1.1 for Windows (including W2K):

        http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2006-09/msg00000.html

Good luck!

regards,
lajos