Re: file lock in MinGW

From: red floyd
Subject: Re: file lock in MinGW
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:06:23 GMT

yazwas wrote:
Hello All,

I'm trying to lock a file under windows, using MinGW, I'm using  the
same code I use under Linux, but it keeps giving me errors like

aggregate `flock fl' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
 `F_SETLK' undeclared (first use this function
 `fcntl' undeclared (first use this function

does any one have any idea,
I'm using MinGW gcc 3.2.3

My guess is that you're missing a header (probably fcntl.h), but since flock and fcntl aren't part of Standard C++ per ISO/IEC 14882:2003, you're better off asking in a g++ newsgroup, such as gnu.g++.help.

Note that I've cross-posted the response there, and set follow-ups there as well.