undefined reference

From: rrlangly
Subject: undefined reference
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:15:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

This is a small test case I wrote in which I can't understand why I have an
undefined reference. I have an undefined reference which I thought only
requires linking w/ the libs that contain this symbol, which I am. The
function dm_connect() is in the library libdm, and this is on the g++
command line when I compile as shown. The libdm is a C library and I'm
calling this in my C++ program.

Can anyone help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

--- Compile and Error

$ g++ $(pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0) -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/home/joe/Projects/net-1.0/util -L/usr/local/lib
-L/home/joe/Projects/net-1.0/libdm $(pkg-config --libs glib-2.0) -ldm
main.cpp
/tmp/ccksTRGA.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `dm_connect(char*, unsigned
short)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

--- Source
#include <stdio.h>