Types table size and format in the .gcc_exception_table

From: alam_shahid
Subject: Types table size and format in the .gcc_exception_table
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 06:46:45 -0800 (PST)

As part of my research I am updating the .gcc_exception_table of a binary 64
bit elf file. For small C++ programs that throw exceptions it works OK, but for
large benchmark programs it's not working. My question is does GCC stores more
than one table inside the .gcc_exception_table section of the elf file. If it
does what's the exact format of these tables. I have some knowledge of the
action table, action records and types table. I am not clear about the size of
the types table.

I am parsing the tables in this section but is not able to know the exact size
and format of the types tables, where a pointer to the exception information is
stored. I need to update this pointer to the new updated location.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-- Shahid