help-gsl

Re: Test release for GSL 2.8

From: Mark Galassi
Subject: Re: Test release for GSL 2.8
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 07:38:36 -0600

> Can you make sure you are working with the latest git code? [...]

It is: current git code works on all the machines I build on (el8, debian
unstable, ubuntu 22.04, mint 21.3) with various compilers -- gcc-12, gcc-13,
and gcc-14.

Note that the for loop limit of "N - 1" when N is a 0 unsigned is a bug, and a
check returning error if N <= 0 is necessary.  I'm guessing that in the past
this got caught with malloc(0) returning NULL, but that seems to be the unusual
behavior nowadays, with malloc(0) returning an unusable address but that is
still a valid arg for free() and realloc().

Of course this might exist in many other places in our linear algebra, so a
more comprehensive review of that is needed.