Re: Qemu guest agent

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Qemu guest agent
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 16:37:21 -0500

On Sun, Mar 05, 2017 at 05:03:47PM +0300, Isorkin wrote:
> how to enable support for qemu-guest-agent
> (https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Qemu_guest_agent) on the virtual
> machines?

I don't have any experience with the QEMU guest agent, but that page
says this: "Currently, QEMU exposes GA via virtio serial port."

I found some instructions from the Fedora project [0]:

------
When starting qemu or kvm guests from the command line, add something
like this:

-device virtio-serial \
-chardev socket,path=/tmp/foo,server,nowait,id=foo \
-device virtserialport,chardev=foo,name=org.fedoraproject.port.0
------

I recommend you consult the QEMU manual and help channels for further
instructions.

[0]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtioSerial