Re: Broken fonts in gnome-terminal

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: Broken fonts in gnome-terminal
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 14:34:04 +0200

Hi,

Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:

[...]

>> If you’re using ‘gnome-desktop-service’ on GuixSD, can you reproduce the
>> problem if you build a VM of your system, with ‘guix system vm’, and run
>> the terminal in there?
>>

> Ok, here is a picture taken from a brand new vm image running in quemu
> https://imgur.com/a/lNKrT
>
> It's good, I'd say

Good.  Could it be that there’s an issue with GNOME settings or
something similar on your system?

I changed the settings. I moved to system font. And that improved thhe sitation
Then I moved to Adobe Source (the same ont I use in Emacs) and that made the situation way better!

This is the new terminal
https://imgur.com/a/dmjxX

Did you do anything special when the breakage happened?

No. I don't know what it could ave happened

Did anyone else experience a similar problem?

If the VM doesn’t show the problem and if “fc-cache -f” doesn’t help,
then I don’t know what could be causing the problem.

Ludo’.

Thanks !