Hexchat freezing up for anyone else?

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Hexchat freezing up for anyone else?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:44:51 -0500

Somewhere in the last few months, Hexchat has started freezing up for me
all the time.  It wasn't doing this before.  Just curious, are any other
Hexchat users having this problem?  I wonder if I should file a bug with
Guix or if it's a problem upstream (I don't see anyone else complaining
about it in their issue tracker, but I can't see how it wouldn't be
noticed) or something in my setup (I'm not doing anything particularly
special).  Am I alone in this?