ELF executable exists but is not found

From: Marco van Hulten
Subject: ELF executable exists but is not found
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 21:26:54 +0200

Hi—

I would like to run a piece of proprietary software on GuixSD.  Would
the general, relatively secure, approach be to use "guix environment"
and make available with "--expose" what the program needs?

The program is the photo ordering software by CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA,
which is used by several large photo service companies in Europe.

There is a «Linux» (sic) version available (for instance, this Dutch
version):

https://www.cewe.nl/bestelsoftware/bedankt-voor-de-download.html?version=linux

After changing the perl path of the installation script, I come across
the issue that I cannot execute the binary:

$ file CEWE\ Fotoservice
CEWE Fotoservice: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux),
dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux
2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=445a455753ee3c12b60edbaa40209200e8d3a18d, not stripped
$ ./CEWE\ Fotoservice
bash: ./CEWE Fotoservice: No such file or directory

What do you make of this?

I am sure that I will come across many more issues, like it expecting
software in LSB-compliant locations.  Any general pointers there are
also appreciated.

—Marco