Re: Trying to build lilypond but guix downloads firefox?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Trying to build lilypond but guix downloads firefox?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 04:38:12 +0100

I don't know the answer to the question, but I'll clear up this sidequest:

Csepp 写道:
substituting /gnu/store/n6w5qizdwx2kpas061dcn5gdgvaqlwr1-firefox-91.13.0esr.source.tar.xz...

[…]

Firefox is not even officially packaged, so that's the only thing I can
think of.

IceCat is built from Firefox ESR sources, using the ‘makeicecat’ script and other modifications. If there are no substitutes for the modified source, this processing can happen locally, which would download the original.

See <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/gnuzilla.scm#n483>.

That said, icecat 91.13 is 3 months old. Somebody's Guix needs an update.

Kind regards,

T G-R