help-gv

feature request: view .ps.zst (just like .ps.gz just zstd compressed)

From: Gáspár Erdélyi
Subject: feature request: view .ps.zst (just like .ps.gz just zstd compressed)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 08:47:10 +0200

Dear GV team,

  I have a feature request, which I hope is more-or-less trivial, besides adding a dependency for the new decompression method.
  Could you interpret zstd compressed postscript files *.ps.zst as well, as gzip compressed .ps.gz is already handled?
  Rationale: zstd provides training a dictionary and that improves compression of my postscript input significantly.

Thanks for your response in advance and best regards,
Gaspar Erdelyi