help-hurd

Re: help needed to boot hurd

From: Nicolas Guilbert
Subject: Re: help needed to boot hurd
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:34:46 +0200 (MEST)

Yep, that worked. (kernel /boot/gnumach.gz -s root=device:hd0s3)

However I'm having trouble doing the ./native-install part.

Before the ./native-install part, just after booting, I get the error

/libexec/console-run: /dev/console: Not a terminal

Then at the first pass, I get some pipe errors, eg:

/usr/sbin/tzconfig: cannot make pipes for command substitution: (ipc/mig)
bad request message ID

and a lot of settrans operations fail (eg:
settrans -cg ttyqu
settrans: ttyqu: Operation not supported
)

After the reboot, dpkg seems to fail to install what it should and it
seems that we're in deep trouble because /libexec/runsystem did not update
the link in /libexec/runsystem.

Finally, I'm told that the root partition is /dev/ and that my file system
type is .

Also, I can't use pipes on the command line, and I can't find an editor,
and less might be behaving a little weird.

Any suggestions?