help-librejs

False positives

From: laserm
Subject: False positives
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 17:22:21 +0000

Hello friends,
I find the idea of librejs of disabling all proprietary _javascript_ very useful,
however one thing I found very annoying is that many free scripts, especially frontends like piped or invidividous are getting flagged as "nonfree", even though they are not. My suggestion is to autowhitelist frontends that are whitelisted with libredirect, an extension that IceCat already uses. I am thinking about forking LibreJS and implementing it myself, but I wanna hear community opinion beforehand.I also think that (if it doesnt exist yet) a script that autoannotates _javascript_ will be useful and am beginning on working on it, however I am still learning and so I am sometimes work very slow. What do you think about that?
Thanks for reading,

laserm <lasermtv.proton.me>
stallmansupport.org

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.