Re: Conditional broken line in recipe

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Conditional broken line in recipe
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 22:09:23 -0400

On Sun, 2023-09-03 at 01:03 +0200, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> I was also wondering... is ONESHELL significant for performance?
> Does the reduction in number of shells speed up things?

It might increase performance but that's not what it's for primarily,
at least not in my opinion.  It's there for people who want to use
shells other than POSIX sh as their SHELL value, where it's not so easy
to create an entire script on a single line and using backslashes.

--
Paul D. Smith <psmith@gnu.org>            Find some GNU make tips at:
https://www.gnu.org                       http://make.mad-scientist.net