help-marst

Re: MARST ALGLIB

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: MARST ALGLIB
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:17:30 +0300

>Is source code available for the ALGLIB components?

Complete source code of all components of MARST is included into its
distribution. Please, see the official GNU webpage dedicated to MARST
at <http://www.gnu.org/software/marst/> or my webpage at
<http://mai2.rcnet.ru/~mao/marst/index.htm>. Note that some standard
Algol 60 procedures are written in Algol 60, therefore they should be
translated into C by means of the MARST translator.

>  Can the library be
>ported to other systems such as OS/390 or AS/400?

Yes, I think so. Although I don't know whether someone has tried
MARST under OS/390 or AS/400, I think that MARST should work on these
platforms without any changes. All programs are written in the ANSI C,
i.e. MARST use no features specific to GNU/Linux neither to any other
operating system. If you are going to try MARST under OS/390, please
inform me about your results.

Andrew Makhorin,
the author and maintainer of GNU MARST