helpless suffix

From: Albert Head
Subject: helpless suffix
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:37:19 +0200

Going back to thehouse a little later, I saw that Probha was lying on her bed. But just then an excellent opportunity came my way.
The stewardwas an ancient retainer of Bhusans father. All the numbers of the Jahirgram and Ahirgram papers which I had inthe house I burnt to ashes. In front of my house there is a small garden.
Whatexactly happened it is not possible for a layman like myself either tounderstand or to explain. Thefascination of her first sight of it lost much of its glamour. The next morning Giribala said she was going to see her father, andleft home. Two days passed, during which Baidyanath was busily engaged in makingtoy boats.
After striking almost a whole box of matches, heat last succeeded. Her limbs seem eager to dance to the time of an inner music unceasingand unheard. He was therefore neithersuccessful in business nor in his own home.
She ended up byasking him: Now what is your advice?
So he began to castabout to see whether he could not raise a loan from some stranger.
But as far as work was concerned Mani was very efficient.
My face beamed with the exhilaration of asuccessful man of genius.
Shehas grown up from a girl into a woman, and yet through familiarityescaping her husbands notice. Then she gotup, and leaving her husband went slowly into her bedroom, locking thedoor behind her. Days and days together I went on writing farces with an agonyof determination. Then you shant have the keys, said Giribala. Next day Baidyanath agreed to go to Benares. Giribala has a maid-servant whose nameis Sudha.
His wife, without making any reply, asked him: What has happened?