pt. marriage

From: Robert Graves
Subject: pt. marriage
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:56:54 +0000

But I had sense enough to realise I despised him. I went by the railroadstockyards late last night, cause I live out thet way.
The pines had given place to cedarsand pifions, and these soon made way for sagebrush. Ive had the very same fear myself, admitted Jim.
He knew,of course, about Uncle Jim, the rich ranchman.
But we younger girls hadnt really gotten into it yet.
But he saw that he made no impression on her. That was how he had used to address her when he was on hisdignity or wished to reprove. Its the wildest an most beautiful place to liveI ever seen in Arizona.
Ten years ago a fine-spoken, most damnlikable fellow, named Stokes, drifted into Flag. At that it aint badto be back in the old cabin. An you bet your life Curly Prentiss seen me. If you only hadnt engaged yourself to this backwoods girl!
It was a slick job fer any cow-punchin outfit. Ive three trunks, too, rejoined Gloriana. Never in her life hadshe been subject to such an intense and penetrating look as Gloriana gaveher. It probably will be, replied Jim, coolly. I expect to marryher in the spring, if I can persuade her. Icould go away somewhere, I suppose, and work. Gloriana, Im shore happy to welcome you heah, said Molly, with simplesweet warmth.
Wal, so longs there are big open ranges therell be rustlers.
Glory, I dont want to lose patience with you, said Jim, slowly, tryingto keep his temper. Weve got supplies till spring, plenty of drink an money to gamblewith. Thus Jim saw with delight a new species of men and life dawn upon hisbewildered sister.
An you bet your life Curly Prentiss seen me.
Jim, dont misunderstand, she said, quickly.
Lots of beaver left in Yellow Jacket, anwhere theres beaver you bet its wild. If you only hadnt engaged yourself to this backwoods girl! It never lastedlong, said his sister, reflectively.