quintessential

From: Abel Ross
Subject: quintessential
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:40:52 +0200

It wasnt Ithat spoke; its the voice of hunger speaking. Unite, and dictate your own law andyour own justice!
You see them laugh, and you say: But why?
Preola looked at his clothes and with a frigid grin replied:Nothing. I know all I want to know, you cant take me in, said Sciaralla.
Whereupon Sciaralla leant forward in his saddle as a signal to themare to move. Three lumps of sugar, a jug of cream,four slices of toast.
In another moment he would have begunto howl like a wolf.
No one takesany trouble; no one complains of the state of things. Sciaralla thrust his spurs into Titina and jerked himself free fromPreola. And cant a bachelor, a clergyman too, have children?
But do you know how they live down at PortoEmpedocle?
And when have I ever said: I am saving you?
Oh, yes, and put awayyour umbrella, Luca!
Reasoning with the feet is what you call that.
It may be imagined, therefore, whether the Prince could have anydealings with such a sister!
And when have I ever said: I am saving you?
You see them laugh, and you say: But why? I have learned to know the priests, that is all! If not, what reason have we leftfor accepting and enduring them?
You see them laugh, and you say: But why?
Whereupon Sciaralla leant forward in his saddle as a signal to themare to move. Why, youre all a hundred years hehind the times, at Colimbetra! The naked truth, come; letus give ourselves that pleasure!