[Help-mcsim] Rép. : MCSim questions

From: Frederic BOIS
Subject: [Help-mcsim] Rép. : MCSim questions
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:42:54 +0200

Hi Rudy,

I cc this to the help mcsim list, as it is of general interest...

Yes, the easy way to do this is to us the SetPoint() simulations. You can
actually take an MCMC output file straight as a SetPoint input parameters' file.
You can also create such a file yourself to have a grid sampling, or a specific
need (like sensitivity analysis: you can use Simlab (from A. Saltelli) to
generate
parameter vectors and then input them in MCSim to run your model, the output
can them be further processed by Simlab).

Frederic

>>> "Gunawan, Rudy" 19/10/2010 19:35 >>>

I have a small question, may be trivial for you. I would like to know how I can
run a MCSim simulation if one or more of the parameters has an array of values
? Preferably, if I can automate parameter assignment by reading the values from
.txt file, for example. The idea is I would like to make a simulation out of
the MCMC MCSim outputs. It's quite like Monte Carlo runs, but it is not. I hope
it is not confusing. Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards,

Rudy

Rudy Gunawan, Ph. D
Post Doctoral Research Associate