[Help-mcsim] problems: make[1]: ***[libmcsim.a] error 1

From: Binnian Wei
Subject: [Help-mcsim] problems: make[1]: ***[libmcsim.a] error 1
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:23:59 -0400

Hi Sir,

I am trying to install McSim to run it under Windows 7 system according to the instructions as follows:
http://www.gnu.org/s/mcsim/WindowsInstall.html

I did one step by step until 11. Type 'make' at the command prompt. When I type ‘make’, it reported that :

make[1]: *** [libmcsim.a] Error 1

make[1]: leaving directory ‘/cygdrive/c/mcsim/mcsim/sim’

make: [one] Error 2 ,ignored.

Would you help me to see what the problem is ?

I have another question is that I have full understood this paragraph:” libgsl: Get a binary distribution for Windows. This installation has been tested with the GnuWin32 distribution of libgsl version 1.8, available at http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net as of 15 April 2008. There are two choices for download: an installer that installs all of the GnuWin32 packages in a common tree, or zip files for the 'bin' files (some sample executables and the dlls) and the 'lib' files (files for developing software). If you take the latter choice (the two zip files), it would be convenient to extract them into the Rtools/mingw tree, as in that case no additional configuration of Windows is required. Alternatively, you need to modify the Makefiles so the path to the dynamic library (.dll), library (.a), and include files (.h) are available to the MinGW compiler.”

Would you also help me on this? Really appreciated.

Bin