[Help-mcsim] MCSim and W7 success (mostly)

From: Bill Harris
Subject: [Help-mcsim] MCSim and W7 success (mostly)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:56:20 -0700

I only succeeded once in building MCSim on XP, and that was perhaps on
v5.2 or so.  I tried multiple times later, and it never worked.

I tried again today to install v. 5.5.0 on a 64-bit W7 system with
cygwin, and it mostly worked.  Configure reported no problems except
that it didn't work with spaces in the FQDN, but moving the directory
was easy.

make failed in building a texinfo file--something about not finding
/home/me/mcim5.5.0/doc/./mcsim.texinfo (from memory), and I never could
figure out how to point LaTeX to the correct file.  make check failed
for the same reason.

make install (as admin) worked, though, and some simple models compiled
and ran seemingly correctly.

That's _much_ easier than it was on XP but not quite as easy as it is on
Linux.

FYI.

Bill
--