Re: [Help-mcsim] R?p. : MCSim and mixture models

From: Frederic Bois
Subject: Re: [Help-mcsim] R?p. : MCSim and mixture models
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 07:10:15 +0200

Regarding my previous message: for the indicator variable it would be enough to sample it uniform (0, 1) and then to partition the [0,1] interval in as many segments as there are models. If the indicator is less than, say, 0.1 use model 1, else less than 0.2 use model 2 etc. You could use segments of different length to given different prior probabilities to your models. You could
also parametrize the segment lengths, etc.

I was just wondering about mixing efficiency of the overall thing though.

Frederic