[Help-mcsim] Emacs info again?

From: Bill Harris
Subject: [Help-mcsim] Emacs info again?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 09:59:58 -0700

Fifteen months ago, I got help here installing Emacs info for MCSim 5.6.5 (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-mcsim/2016-12/msg00001.html).  Now I'm curious about the same question for 6.0.0 on Debian 9.

As root, I ran makeinfo mcsim.texi in my local copy of the doc directory (~/bin/mcsim-6.0.0/doc/), and it produced a mcsim.info file in that directory.  I cd'd up one level and ran make install.  Even after restarting *info*, I see no mcsim entry, and /usr/local/share/mcsim only has mod and sim directories.

Is there somewhere else I should look?  Is there something else I should do?  I have a vague recollection from the past that it just used to work, so I'm reluctant to start moving files and editing *info* indices manually unless someone convinces me that's the right way to go.

BTW, 6.0.0 looks like a major advance over 5.6; thanks!

Bill
--
Bill Harris
http://makingsense.facilitatedsystems.com/