help-nano

Re: Help Line Text

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Help Line Text
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 19:13:45 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you, everyone, for this conversation. It really helped to get some ideas, feedback, and opinions from others.

I really think the solution here is to have a separate setting for a more "modern" style, versus the default; after all, settings are there for when users are split on whether something should be changed or not, which I can safely say is the case here.

I propose the .nanorc file has another option "set modern" which will toggle on the more "modern" keymap, which is **already** in the sample .nanorc file, as well as changing the prompts to match, as I described in a previous message (toggling on the translation file, or adding some variables with the alternative prompts?).

I am very, very, very busy at the moment, as the gap from my previous email will suggest, but at some point in the foreseeable future, perhaps the next couple of weeks, or months, I could begin to implement my proposed solution. After all, if it ends up being rubbish, it can just be rejected! :)

Thank you very much, everybody.
Alan.

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 4:30 pm, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

Op 23-02-2020 om 22:06 schreef Zach DeCook:
> I don't advocate changing the *main* keystrokes.
> I just doubt hundreds have internalized ^Q as reverse search.

Would you have chosen to assign some other function to it?
If yes, which one?

Benno