help-smalltalk

Re: I/O Port Access

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: I/O Port Access
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:01:27 +0100 (CET)

----- Op 17 jan 2021 om 20:30 schreef Gary Highberger gary.highberger@gmail.com:
> The printer port isn't used to drive a printer at all. It's used (with
> signal conditioning, etc.) to monitor and actuate real world devices. Email
> me directly for more discussion on this.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Gary

OK thanks for clarifying.

Because I read "parallel printer port", I thought you were going to use
ioperm (request permission), fcntl (open the port) and outb
(send a byte to the port) to print a file.

That's why I thought using "lp" or "lpr" would be easier.

But anyway as I also wrote it is possible to look at the GNU smalltalk
C interface possibilities which may be interesting to you ...