help-smalltalk

How to build GNU Smalltalk 3.2.91

From: Mark Bratcher
Subject: How to build GNU Smalltalk 3.2.91
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:43:57 -0500

Hello

Previously when I pulled 3.2.91 (a couple of years ago), it was a fairly standard source tree with a ./configure, etc.

The latest one seems to start with configure.ac. I could not find any instructions for building GNU smalltalk in this source tree. I did some digging and found some information about generating configure from the files. I applied that process, but then got a build error from make pretty quickly. I suspect the process of preparing the configure may not have been correct.

Are there instructions for the build/install process starting from the 3.2.91 source tree? I’m sure this is probably a standard formula that I am just not aware of.

Thank you!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10