help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] Can't compile 3.1.8 -- Missing stl_config.h?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Can't compile 3.1.8 -- Missing stl_config.h?
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 09:24:28 -0600

>>>>> "Carter" == Carter Glass <address@hidden> writes:

Carter> This is probably a pretty trivial question, but I can't compile the
latest version of source-highlight because trying to run "make" gives me the
error:
Carter> fatal error: stl_config.h: No such file or directory

Carter> "./configure" runs perfectly fine and I do have Boost installed.
Carter> If someone could help me out with how to get an "stl_config.h",
Carter> where I need to put it, and how to make sure that
Carter> source-highlight finds it, then that would be great.

"git grep" showed that this comes from _sstream, a file in the root
directory of the project.  I guess this is some kind of workaround for
when the <sstream> header is missing... it seems obsolete and/or wrong
to me, but the immediate problem for you is probably that configure
thinks that header is missing, or something along those lines.

Tom