help-tar

Re: Taking inremental snapshot from different source directories

From: Yakul Garg
Subject: Re: Taking inremental snapshot from different source directories
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 13:44:13 +0530

Ah, got it.
I think there should be another flag to ignore the inode values, would extend the tool’s features.
What do you think?
I haven’t looked at the source code but believe that it shouldn’t be too difficult. Would be happy to pick this up.

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 at 12:42 PM, Sergey Poznyakoff <gray@gnu.org.ua> wrote:
Yakul Garg <2000yeshu@gmail.com> ha escrit:

> But since I am passing --no-check-device, shouldn't the invocation
> ignore the inode attribute of the files when checking for modified
> files?

It disables only the first part of the identifying pair: device number.
Inode numbers are compared anyway.

Regards,
Sergey
--