Re: Command to open info node with these special characters: `'“”

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Command to open info node with these special characters: `'“”
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 19:39:44 +0000

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 11:34:32PM +0000, Mekeor Melire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Emacs Org-Mode's manual "org" has a chapter called
>
>       15.3.1 Bibliography options in the “biblatex” and “csl” export
>       processors
>
> You can find it online here:
>

> https://orgmode.org/manual/Bibliography-options-in-the-_0060_0060biblatex_0027_0027-and-_0060_0060csl_0027_0027-export-processors.html
>
> I wonder, which command-line argument do I have to pass to "info" in
> order to jump to this node? Especially, I wonder how to quote the
> special symbols “ and ”. This did not work for me:
>
>       info '(org)Bibliography options in the “biblatex” and “csl” export
>       processors'
>
> (Sorry for the confusing newlines.)

Hi Mekeor, I believe you would do

info "(org)Bibliography options in the ``biblatex'' and ``csl'' export
processors"

The __0027 and __0060 in the URL refer to ASCII apostrophe and backquote.

Normally, Info node names would not have such quoting characters in them
as use of literal quotation marks is unusual in node names.  It would
be more usual to have

@node Bibliography options in the @command{biblatex} and @command{csl} export
processors

than

@node Bibliography options in the ``biblatex'' and ``csl'' export processors

in the Texinfo source.  I have just checked that the later does not
ouput quotation marks in the Info output.