howto-kickstart

[Howto-kickstart] desk

From: Clementine Barry
Subject: [Howto-kickstart] desk
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:00:27 -0700

He who takes the snake by the tail will presently be bitten by it. The hiddentreasures and gems reposing in the body of the earth would all bemade manifest to him. When Fortune comes, seize her in front with a sure hand, becausebehind she is bald. The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions. Hence it would seem thatonly a few short verses can be attributed to him with anycertainty. Ask counsel of him who rules himself well. Go and be the companions of thesearchers for gold. for itsvain splendour we go into the fire, thus blind ignorance doesmislead us. Avoid studies of which the result dies with the worker. As regards this vice, we read that the peacock is more guilty of itthan any other animal. Science is the captain, and practice the soldiers. Because it does not know the true light. What is there that could not be done bysuch a craftsman? All our knowledge has its origin in our preceptions. Reprove your friend in secret and praise him openly. The salamander, which renews its scaly skin in the fire,--forvirtue. AS TO WHETHER THE SPIRIT, HAVING TAKEN THIS BODY OF AIR, CAN MOVE OFITSELF OR NOT. This bird gives sight to its blind young ones by means of celandine. It can scarcely be doubted that some satirical intention isconveyed by the drawing on Pl. If you governed your body by the rules of virtue you would not walkon all fours in this world. Animals which much fear it do not approach itsnest, although it does not hurt them. The hiddentreasures and gems reposing in the body of the earth would all bemade manifest to him. It has become very indistinct, and is atpresent exceedingly difficult to decipher. And many have made a trade of delusions and false miracles,deceiving the stupid multitude. Envy wounds with false accusations, that is with detraction, a thingwhich scares virtue. Every quantity is intellectually conceivable as infinitelydivisible. STUDIES ON THE LIFE AND HABITS OF ANIMALS. Science is the captain, and practice the soldiers. We are deceived by promises and time disappoints us . Just as courage imperils life, fear protects it.