hyperbole-users

Re: Possible Bad Interaction Between Magit and Rolo Search

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Possible Bad Interaction Between Magit and Rolo Search
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 20:02:53 -0500

Although I cannot replicate the problem here and it would be good to know your operating system, magit does run an extensive amount of code in the hook run after a major mode is set.
Hyrolo generally has no need for magit to run its hooks on its file buffers, so maybe we ought to just filter these hooks out so they don't run during Hyrolo searches.  I would report this as an issue on the Magit github site as well, with more detail of your versions.  I will look at a fix within Hyperbole.  Thanks for pointing it out.