Re: [iiwusynth-devel] CVS compilation autogen.sh problem

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] CVS compilation autogen.sh problem
Date: 06 Aug 2002 13:03:03 -0600

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 10:22, david casal wrote:

> Hello ppl,
>
> Tried to compile iiwusynth-0.0.6 on a ppc SuSE 7.3 powerbook, but
> ./configure gave me:
>
> <snip>
> configure: warning: *** Could not find  fcntl.h and/or ioctl.h
> </snip>
>
> I know it found fcntl.h, so I tried including the directory where 'locate'
> told me ioctl.h, tried copying it to already included dirs...nothing
> (though I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here)

I bet you don't have kernel headers installed. I'm not real familiar
with SuSE (except that I'm sure it uses RPM packages). Check to see if
you have kernel-headers installed:

rpm -qa | grep -i kernel

You should see something like "kernel-headers" listed in the output.

> So, I decided to try the CVS sources instead...but after checking out the
> /iiwusynth directory and doing './autogen.sh' I got:
>
> aclocal: configure.in: 13: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL` not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 23: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL` not found in library
>
> I don't -think- I'm missing libtool...any ideas as to what's wrong?
> Couldn't find anything on previous threads about this...
>
> help?

Are you sure you have libtool installed?

rpm -qa | grep -i libtool

If it is installed make sure it has libtool.m4 installed somewhere
(/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 on my distro). To check the list of an
archive for ".m4" files do:

rpm -ql libtool | grep m4

> cheers,
> David
>
> david casal                   --0+
>     ---
> address@hidden             --9+
>     ---
> www.ariada.uea.ac.uk/~dcasal  --)+

Hope that helped. I was kind of assuming you weren't real familiar with
RPM, I'm open to the possibility of you experiencing some other
problems. Have you compiled any other programs on that machine before?
Cheers!
        Josh Green