Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Individual channel and reverb / chorus outputs (fw

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Individual channel and reverb / chorus outputs (fwd)
Date: 13 Aug 2002 09:45:57 -0700

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 16:13, Tim Goetze wrote:

> The question is if it's worth to go stereo here. If I'm not mistaken
> most soundfonts contain mono samples, but I haven't seen all of them
> yet. ;)

Samples are stored mono in a SoundFont, but they can be stereo linked
(mainly for editing purposes I believe). At the instrument and preset
layers each sample can have a certain amount of panning, so stereo is
important. There are many SoundFonts that contain stereo sample pairs,
and even more that do stereo effects using the pan generator.

> Cheers,
>
> tim

Cheers.
        Josh Green