[iiwusynth-devel] SSE: New experimental version

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] SSE: New experimental version
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:03:46 +0200

Hello,

a new version, which uses the Pentium III SSE extensions:
 http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/millisampler/iiwu_20021101_tar.bz2

This one is actually faster than the non-'optimized' original (the last
version was not). OK, SSE is used only for mixing to the output buffers
:-)
I have also added 'long long' phase increments. The speed gain is
measurable, but very small. I'm not sure, if I will move that change to
CVS.

Intel has published reference implementations for interpolation and
filtering:
http://www.intel.com/software/products/college/ia32/reference.htm

-Markus