[iiwusynth-devel] consistently

From: Winifred Alford
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] consistently
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:21:43 +0300

I was on guard in the observatory at thetime.
But so far as I could see, andfrom all I heard, the fighting was defensive on both sides.
About a dozen men, mostly Germans, had volunteered for the attack on the CafeMoka, if it came off.
Even a man as tall as I am cannot wear a long Mauser down his trouser-legwithout discomfort. Presumably they had been ordered to seize the cafe as a preliminary to attackingthe P.
I did not know how this affair was going to turn out, and I badlywanted a weapon.
Nevertheless, it was a queer feeling sitting on that roof.
Next day the Assault Guards were everywhere, walking the streets likeconquerors. This shortage of food went on for several days after the fighting wasover.
Nevertheless, it was a queer feeling sitting on that roof.
It was broad daylight, nothinghad happened, the Government had not declared war on the P. This shortage of food went on for several days after the fighting wasover. It was noticeable, however, that thetrams did not start running.
In any case the sound of gunfire isunmistakable if one is used to it.
Surely I should be politically suspect, coming from the P.
I remember the long, nightmarish evening that we spent in fortifying thebuilding.
Only once, however, didtrouble look like starting. As usual, only one side of the question hasbeen allowed to get to the wider public.
There were generally about six of us up there.
The Anarchist leaderswere broadcasting the same message. This squalid brawl in a distant city is more important than mightappear at first sight.
He asked the question everyone was asking:What the devil is this all about? People were divided in their minds and wondering uneasily howthe devil this was going to end. Yet their attitude was completely indifferent.
With only twenty-one rifles in the building wecould not afford to lose six of them. So far as one could gather from what peoplewere saying at the time the C.
I was fired at several times from this building. There were a few boxes of bombs,however, which one of the Anarchist patrol cars had brought us.
There were raised stages in several of the rooms; on oneof them was a desolate grand piano. Douglas Moyle, who had been a sailor, said thatthey looked like British destroyers.
He motioned with his rifle towards the side-street that ran past the bottomof our building.
It was noticeable that most of them had picked up a girl after aday or two.
Another Englishman and myself decided to go back to the HotelContinental.