toss headrest

From: Meg Horton
Subject: toss headrest
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:15:15 -0700

He always talked things over with me first. She did not eat up the long red miles as acar would have done, but Jane did not want them eaten up.
But, though she felt thatsomething had taken her life and torn it apart, she did not cry. It just occurred to me that I wantedto get acquainted with my daughter.
Shes got some of the little common sense still left in theworld, he told the sky.
Jane didnt want to look bright and fresh for anybody.
Behold a mute inglorious Milton in your dad.
Allthe houses Ive heard about are up there.
She had always wanted to belong somewhere and she belongedhere.
When every turn of thewheels was carrying her farther away from mother!
Do you know you have nice little bones, Janekin?
Jane stood up but she could not raise her eyes . Nobody found fault with Jane for things done or left undone.
Allthe houses Ive heard about are up there.
She feltthat she had known dad for years.
Jane enjoyed that dinner, having eaten next to nothing ever sinceshe left Toronto. Nobody took any notice when Jane fed him bits ofjohnny-cake. Shes got some of the little common sense still left in theworld, he told the sky.
The day that wasto be such a marvellous day for Jane began like any other.
The face was as familiar to her as her own. She had kissed grandmother andAunt Gertrude good-bye dutifully.
Jane, if you please, she said politely and distinctly. I heard you moving about and wasafraid you were ill.
Jane was pleased to see that dad did not winkback. Yourmother did try so hard to learn to make them like mine . You were born beside it, one sweet, hauntedApril night .
Aunt Irene had certainly prepared a lovely breakfastfor her.
Shes got a secretive strain in her, Andrew, that I confess Idont like.
Would he havepouchy eyes like Uncle David?
Lets go down to the shore and talk it over, said dad. For somereason Jane couldnt endure that lamp-shade.
The song the sea-wind was singing was music native to herears.
You dont know what itmeans to me to have you sleeping under my roof . He shallnot need to buy clothes for her, of that I shall make sure.
And now Isuppose youre wondering why your father isnt here. Were neither of us much for talking, it seems, said dad. The next moment she was lifted in his arms and kissed.
She would not talk about that secret bitternessto Aunt Irene.
Suppose she were looking at it at this verymoment!
You were properly baptized before that in the Anglicanchurch in Charlottetown .