Fwd:

From: Dorothy Slaughter
Subject: Fwd:
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 02:42:03 -0100

ahmedabad
Now it was no more than the size of a knothole which a sidewalk superintendent might stoop to snoop through on an interesting piece of building construction.
He was drifting off and knew he shouldnt - if she came in here and caught him cooping instead of writing she would be mad - but he let himself drift anyway.
And had her heart risen up when Misery told Ian she was pregnant and Ian had crushed her to him, tears flowing from his eyes, muttering "My dear, oh, my dear!
Then she just stood there, looking down at him out of her paper-white face, the cords on her neck standing out, one vein pulsing in the center of her forehead.
"She was looking at him with that disconcerting _expression_ of matemal love and tenderness - disconcerting because of the total solid blackness underlying it. Now it was no more than the size of a knothole which a sidewalk superintendent might stoop to snoop through on an interesting piece of building construction.