Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")

From: Jeffrey DeLeo
Subject: Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 21:43:37 +0000

Thank you to Bob and Lars for your comments.

Lars: setup a little complicated - offlineimap syncs gmail to local file
system; gnus talks imap protocol using dovecot to local file system. Means I
never have to wait for anything in gnus, which is where I do all mail
activity.

Bob, I do as you say, explicitly moving messages to
"nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Trash" when I want to delete them. I
would like to splitting in gnus since one can do all sorts of things in
gnus.

Once before I spent time playing with Fancy Mail Splitting, but I
could not get it to do what I wanted. Which is: *copy* a message into a
local nnml group and then delete it by *moving* it into
"nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Trash".

This is gnus, of course it is possible. Just haven't worked out how yet!
The problem that stopped me before as I recall was this: could not work
out how to have the split *copy* instead of *moving*.