jami

Re: Implementation strategy pointers, please...

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Implementation strategy pointers, please...
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 12:19:15 -0500

Hi Richard,

Richard Troy <rtroy@ScienceTools.com> writes:

[...]

> I installed Jami using Fedora's dnf utility by first loading the
> repository, then installing "jami", and I then downloaded and
> configured "ethereum," I think it's called - the tar is named:
>
> "geth-linux-amd64-1.13.7-c3d9ca62.tar"

If you are using dnf on Fedora I don't think there's a need to install
external applications such as ethereum.  The pre-built Jami you can get
will know how to connect to the default name server and connect to the
distributed network.

The idea would be to create some account and give it a name;
e.g. 'richard-rendezvous-point', then configure the account (via the
Jami application) to operating in 'rendezvous' mode.

Then when you search the 'richard-rendezvous-point' "user" and place a
call, it will automatically be answered and merged multiple calls into a
conference.

If you'd like to deploy this as a service on a headless server, it's
possible, as demonstrated by the 'jami-service-type' available in Guix
System [0].

[0]  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Telephony-Services.html

--
Thanks,