js-shield

Re: Milestone Implement a translation workflow for the community

From: Giorgio Maone
Subject: Re: Milestone Implement a translation workflow for the community
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 17:17:10 +0200

On 29/08/23 10:35, Libor Polčák wrote:

Giorgio, does NoScript handle plurals and how?

By carefully avoiding them wherever possible, or otherwise having different strings for the different cases :)

But if you've got a simple proposal  or even a prototype, a RFE on the WECG issue tracker would be very welcome: https://github.com/w3c/webextensions/issues

Cheers

--
Giorgio Maone
https://maone.net

This tool does not provide any improvement to the translation management. Instead, its sole purpose is to add the possibility to define plurals into the built-in webextension i18n API. At the moment we only have the notifications of NBS that would benefit from handling plurals. As the fate of the NBS is uncertain and adding dependencies just to handle that single case seems to be an overkill, I decided not to use that tool.

Giorgio, does NoScript handle plurals and how?

Best wishes

Libor