js-shield

Fwd: Important Update: Featured Badge Eligibility & Manifest V3 Migratio

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Fwd: Important Update: Featured Badge Eligibility & Manifest V3 Migration
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:41:20 +0200

Hello all,

I just received message below meaning that Google is pushing for Mv3
extensions. Following yesterday discussion I think we should:

* release stateless MV2 version as planned yesterday (Firefox and
Chromium-based),
* test MV3 version primarily for Chrome, strip NBS or similar functionality,
and release MV3 version to Chrome store by June 3rd so that we do not lose the
featured badge,
* migrate Firefox to MV3.

So I think we should not release a beta version of JShelter.

We cannot release JShelter MV2 (or similar) as a separate extension in Chrome
store as they do not accept new MV2 extension for a long time.

Best wishes

Libor