koha-devel

[Koha-devel] wishlist : another idea : bibliosubjects

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] wishlist : another idea : bibliosubjects
Date: Mon Mar 4 11:41:24 2002

The bibliosubjects table contains all the subjects used for a biblio. It's used in the search process. In the create biblio process, there is a subject field, in which we store all the subjects. I think it would be useful to have a table where we could store all the differents subjects that are used in the DB. It could be an reference table. I don't know the word in english, but in french, it's called "thesaurus" if i don't mind.

In the author section, the same kind of table should be created too : a table referencing how to spell an author name : any manner you wrote an author, it must be "findable". In the biblio, an author must be entered in a standard form, this table helping. I wrote a message about that in the user ml a few weeks ago.
--
Paul