koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] we've got a winner :-) => IMPORTANT

From: Roger Buck
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] we've got a winner :-) => IMPORTANT
Date: Thu Oct 3 21:48:01 2002

Andrew Arensburger wrote:
[--snip--]
>         I'm currently fixing things to use the C4::Context module; by
> default, it reads the configuration from /etc/koha.conf, but you can
> override this with the $KOHA_CONF environment variable.
>         Here's the VirtualHost block that I'm using:

Excellent!

[--snip--]

> > /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/koha
> >                           ./C4
>
> This is the main bit that I (slightly) disagree on: C4

[--snip--]

> So IMHO this ought to be installed like a normal Perl package,
> wherever Perl thinks it belongs.

Yes - In general agreed...  and...

>         Of course, I can also see the advantages of keeping everything
> in one place, so perhaps if you tell the installer that you'll only be
> using the web interface on this machine, it'll put the C4 directory
> where you suggest.

... I think this is also a worthwhile option - especially as a
work-around some potential problems  - For example, accommodating some
path restrictions imposed by some third party hosting services where it
may not be possible to install perl modules in "normal" locations?

R.