koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] latest on PostgreSQL

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] latest on PostgreSQL
Date: Mon Oct 7 06:09:04 2002

I think, no, i'm SURE, even if it's a good idea, it's NOT a good idea FOR INSTANCE : we are in the middle of the road to create a koha MARC-compatible. It's a BIG deal, and an IMPORTANT one for USERS.
So, such a "developper" question must be delayed.
I agree it could be a point to solve for 2.0 branch, which is planned when the 1.4.x becomes stable enough.

One more reason : we make a big use of the "replace" SQL command, which is mySQL specific, but very useful... It "updates" or "insert" depending on wether the primary key exists or not. koha will get a chance to be DB independant only when no replace is found in the code...
--
Paul