koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] koha 1,4, templating and css

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] koha 1,4, templating and css
Date: Wed Oct 9 06:22:04 2002

Dorian Meid wrote:

we said a few days ago that it was a bad idea to put templates in html
path, they should be in cgi-bin path for security reasons.
But i can't find the mail where we spoke of this, so maybe another
opinion ? finlay when he comes back ?

I must have missed this or understood something wrong.
I think we said to have the option of putting the templates in the html
path or not and decided to store it there along with the html, styles,
includes...
maybe it's me who is wrong...

I don't see any theme/lang structure in the serverroot tree neither in
1.2 nor in main branch.

/koha/koha-tmpl
but /koha/* is the cgi-bin directory !

Finlay Thompson wrote:

1) all templates should live in koha-tmpl, along with there associated
includes and images (style sheets, _javascript_s, etc)

2) this cvs branch will eventually replace the koha-html tree all together.

3) under koha-tmpl there are two subtrees: intranet-tmpl/ and opac-tmpl/
corresponding to what should go into the <serverroot>/intranet/htdocs/ and
<serverroot>/opac/htdocs/ directories on the live sites.

dorian
OK. I think i've understood my mistake :
i'm mixing cvs and release...
/koha/koha-tmpl is the cvs directory structure.
and it will be placed in serverroor when releasing a version.
Am i right now ?

Note : i'm on irc if you want to discuss now
--
Paul