koha-devel

[Koha-devel] library codes, installer.pl in CVS

From: Ambrose Li
Subject: [Koha-devel] library codes, installer.pl in CVS
Date: Tue Dec 3 21:46:05 2002

Hi,

I am working on fixing the installer.pl. I know the problems
will be fixed when the 1.2.x installer is "forward-ported"
to 1.3 and/or when templating is done etc. But I don't think
these will be finished very soon. In the meantime IMHO the
installer should at least work in case someone wants to try
1.3.x (and perhaps help to write some code).

While I am working on fixing installer.pl, I came across
something I don't understand. When I am asked to create a
4-letter code for the library, it really wants a 4-letter
code, and will delete any non-letters. I didn't know and
entered a numeric code, and got an empty library code added
to the database. Is this correct behaviour?

(Reason for asking: If this is correct behaviour then the
installer should double-check the library code in case it
becomes empty or just one letter, etc.; if this is not
correct the regexp in substitution should be corrected.)

--
Ambrose Li  <address@hidden>
http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/cmcc/  http://www.cccgt.org/

DRM is theft - We are the stakeholders