koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Auth.pm

From: Finlay Thompson
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Auth.pm
Date: Tue Dec 10 17:19:06 2002

Hey Paul,

thanks for fixing the bug in Output.pm and putting auth.tmpl into the intranet path :-)

At the moment it is necessary to pass $type = 'intranet' | 'opac' argument to the Auth::get_template_and_user() sub.

This is kind of annoying though. It would be nice if there was some way that Auth would know whether it was being called from the opac or the intranet. Perhaps there is a $ENV variable that says what the site root directory is? That way we could get away from having the whole $type thing. It is ugly!

At the moment we have:

   my $htdocs;
   if ($opac ne "intranet") {
       $htdocs = C4::Context->config('opachtdocs');
   } else {
       $htdocs = C4::Context->config('intrahtdocs');
   }

It would be better as:

   my $htdocs = $ENV{'WEB_ROOT'};

or what ever that variable is :-)

The in Output.pm we could combine getemplate and themelanguage, get rud of pathtotemplate, and put it in Auth.pm.

That way Output.pm could be put into the "modules that will eventually die" box because all of the other code in there is now handled by html::template.

Finlay