koha-devel

[Koha-devel] koha and testing

From: Ed Summers
Subject: [Koha-devel] koha and testing
Date: Mon Dec 30 22:06:02 2002

Hi, I'm new to the koha-devel list (somehow forgot to subscribe a few weeks ago)
and I'm interested in getting familiar with the Koha source code by writing
unit tests for it. I guess I could go back through the archives and see what
discussion I can find, but I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some
guidance on how testing is being done currently, and good places to start
looking at creating new tests.

I've worked quite a bit with the Test::More framework, and would be interested
in writing a 'smoke' program that would iterate through the available tests,
run them, and report any failures. This process could even be automated, if it
proves feasible.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd express my interest and see if anyone has any ideas.

--

Ed Summers
aim: inkdroid