koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Templates

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Templates
Date: Tue Jun 3 04:53:20 2003

Owen Leonard wrote:

I'm glad to see discussion of the templates, since that's my project right now as well. I took the intranet templates from the 1.9.3 release and did a bunch of clean-up. Here's what I did:

- added DOCTYPE declaration where appropriate
- added optional closing tags in some cases (</li>, </option>)
- converted html tags to lower-case
- made sure all attributes are quoted
- fixed any minor markup errors I could see

I think they're in better shape, hopefully I didn't introduce any errors through all that search-and-replace. I zipped it up and posted it to our site if anyone's interested:

http://koha.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/Koha193-intranet-templates_revised.tgz

I think we still need to work to make it easier to adapt and write custom templates. A couple people have mentioned the idea of producing 'skeletal' versions of the templates, maybe just listing all the available variables, form structures, etc. I'd love to hear other folks' input on this, including any suggestions for how to proceed.
Do you have a script that automates this ?
If yes, it's a good news :-)
Please send it, and i'll apply it on english and french default templates.

--
Paul POULAIN