koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Bug #35: Enhancing system parameters

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Bug #35: Enhancing system parameters
Date: Thu Jun 5 10:16:10 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Owen Leonard wrote:

> > You can take a look at the systempreferences page
> > at:
> >
> > http://142.28.224.19/cgi-
> > bin/koha/admin/systempreferences.pl
>
> Not related to your question, but: I wonder if it would be possible or
> practical to have system preferences check for available themes and display
> an
> appropriate list?

Sounds doable.  I had planned to do that for the languages question
anyway...

On an equally unrelated note, the

theme/language preferences are inconsistently named and confusing even to
me.  I think this needs to be cleaned up somehow.

theme
opacthemes
template
opaclanguages
languageorder
allowthemeoverride

Perhaps a proposed reorgnization would have:

IntranetTheme
OpacTheme
Languages

Even this seems a little odd to me.  We don't really have separate themes
for Intranet and Opac, although it _is_ conceivable that somebody would
want to use different themes for each side.  I would think it more likely
that _users_ might want to pick individual themes, especially in the OPAC.

For languages, why is there an "opaclanguages" setting?  Should this just
be "languages"?  Doesn't it also set the language setting for the intranet
side?

Steve.